My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Cold....

It was -35 today with a windchill in the mid minus forties. It was the coldest day I've experienced in my life. Tommorrow may take that claim.
Doing laundry today, I noticed a little microcosm of Yellowknife culture bottled into a Ford F-150. Leaving the laundromat, a man is picking up his wife and three kids (from the laundromat) and hes just blaring the theme song for Degeneration X. A wrestling theme song. A ten year old wrestling theme song. And this individual is acting like this is just...regular music. I wanted to take a video of it, but I thought that would be rude, so I just bought some beer and decided to write about it instead.
I learned how to 2-step and Im awesome at it. When I go to the 'Range' I fit right in with all the native-cowboys...which seems like a contradiction in my head......and my head is going to explode in 5...4...3....premature head explosion!~

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yo quero me nads.

January 12, 2007 6:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

there was a light dusting in toronto last night. it melted.
it is now sunny and -2.
last night was sooo nice out. rainy, warm, beautiful.

January 13, 2007 10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did I do to spite you and/or Ben up there? I didn't ask for your cold weather down here!!!
:oP

January 13, 2007 11:38 AM  
Blogger EmDubya said...

mmmmmm...its 22, i sat on the beach today and i have sunburn. oh sorry....hahaha, somehow i dont miss canada yet.

January 15, 2007 8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark you always blow my mind but come on you've mastered the two-step? Now I really want to go up there.

January 16, 2007 3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page