My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Vulcans

I just booked a trip to go to Japan for my holidays. Im flying into Osaka, and meeting up with my sister for a few days. Ill take a bus down to Sasebo and visit Hitoshi Murakami. Im then going to ride around on a train and get lost in a country where i don't know the culture or the language for three weeks. It's going to be great. The weird thing is, half of Yellowknife consists of Japanese tourists travelling here to catch a glimpse of the Northern Lights and I have never associated with any of them. Maybe i should, and then ask them for insider tips.

A drive was taken outside of City limits to watch the Northern Lights. Was s'nice! It looked like the sky was bleeding green blood. Like Predator's, but not as bright. More like Vulcan blood. Hey...it did come from the sky...maybe the northern lights are just patches of vulcan blood floating in space. Thats the dumbest thing I've ever said.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

the green colour is caused by excited Nitrogen molecules emitting energy during the process of coming back to their ground state.

and pink = the same for Oxygen.

I fucking love popsicles.

January 18, 2007 3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey if you're a fan of architecture, history, etc., then you've gotta take the Shinkansen to nearby Kyoto, the ancient capital. Of course, needless to say every part of Japan has its own style of cuisine that must be experienced!!!

Hopefully you've done your research about certain customs and mannerisms while you're there (e.g. no tipping, how to pay for purchases, etc.). Memory's still sorta fresh in my mind, so if Hitoshi's no help, drop me a line.

January 19, 2007 8:07 PM  
Blogger EmDubya said...

Wandering around a country not knowing what our doing and not able to talk to anyone is a fantastic idea...I fully endorse it.

January 22, 2007 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page